1) Get of bed (A blanket on the floor) and do your workouts (ten pushups).
2) Put on your missionary clothes (big pants, shirt and tie for boys. Skirt, a shirt, and jacket for girls)
3) Make your breakfast and eat it (PB&J sandwich)
4) Study (Scripture Chase. We called out a scripture and they had to find it and show us)
5) Run back to the beginning and tag the next person on their team who was waiting in the bed.
It was super fun and the kids loved it! The adults got really into it to... it was pretty funny. For the second half of the night we calmed things down, watched some really cool videos about youth being able to get involved in missionary work, and bore testimonies. It was a really fun night!
Cool new challenge from our Mission President that we are now trying to do as a district (the 6 of us missionaries): Talk in Spanish 100% of the time! Its tough, but it is going to be so worth it! Sometimes in lessons I want so badly to be able to say something, but have to change it a little so that I can say it with the Spanish that I know. Although it takes a lot more effort to speak in Spanish all of the time -- and makes conversations like 3 times longer haha-- its going to help my teaching and Im so excited for that!
So, quick little lesson that we taught to Fernando this week, and that has also been on my mind a lot recently. It may sound familiar to some of you because the idea from the lesson was given in a talk a few conferences back. Anyway, a few weeks ago I found the talk in a Liahona (Spanish LDS magazine) I was reading, which is why I am now bringing it up. Wow long explanation. Haha So here it is:
About half of the young men and us at one of the Young Men's birthday party.
It was Jeffrey's birthday! The guy in the back is Hermano Fernandez. He is crazy and super funny.