Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Oct 21- Solid week in Providence

Hello Family and Friends!
Life is simply great here in Providence! Theres nothing too huge to report on this week, just working hard and having fun. Elder Gonzalez is an awesome missionary and I am continually reminded how blessed I am to have him as my companion. We are different in a lot of ways, but our differences make our companionship super strong and effective. He makes up for areas that I lack in and vice versa. For example: He is literally a super genious.... and theennnn theres me haha. As a trainee he asks me a lot of questions that never even crossed my mind when I was being trained, which is good because I have to stop and think about what I have learned and how I have applied it. Its a little different because I like to learn from example: watching and experimenting. Elder Gonzalez is very analytical and learns from the books and facts. So, it has been fun to teach but, even more, to learn from a super genious! (He got accepted into Princeton for after his mission.) And dont worry, on top of learning we, of course, are always having fun =] Missionary work is just fun! Theres nothing else to it haha
Hmm... Okay update on our investigators. We are teaching 4 people right now. Grisauris is a woman in her late 20's who we have been teaching for a few months now and we are going to extend a baptismal invitation this week. Magali is an older lady who is very strong in her faith and has a WONDERFUL testimony of prayer and a strong relationship with God. She is very sweet and genuine, she really knows what it means to exercise faith, and she has wonderful answers to the questions we ask her. She came to church for the first time yesterday. =] Then theres Jyel. He is a 13 year old kid who always asks TONS of questions. Quick awesome experience we had with him this week: So, he was introduced to the church by his grandma last year and was taught by missionaries, but because of the business of summer, the teaching stopped. We decided to drop by this week and see if he would like to be taught again. Things went really well, but he cant really speak Spanish so he told us he was thinking about going to the English branch that met in downtown. Elder Gonzalez was inspired and asked him to go inside his house, pray, and ask God what he would want him to do. Wwaited outside, fully expecting him to receive the answer that he should go to the English branch and not the Spanish Ward. It was definitely the logical choice, because although they speak a lot of English to the youth in the Spanish ward, he could get lost a lot. Anyway, Jyel came outside and we asked him how it went. He said, "Well, I'm going to the Spanish Ward." We were pretty surprised! We asked him how he got his answer and he gave one of the best explanations I have ever heard. He said, "Well, when I asked God if I should go to the English Branch it felt like I wasn't talking to anyone, just to myself. When I asked him if I should go to the Spanish ward, it felt like someone was listening. Thats how I know I need to go the Spanish Ward." It was a super amazing experience, and we are excited that we get to teach him. Our last investigator is named Efrain. He is the guy that called out to Elder Collins and I on the street a couple months ago when we were walking and told us that he took the lessons years ago in Guatemala, but nothing ever came from it. Elder Gonzalez and I miraculously ran into him again this past week, set up a lesson, and we are meeting again this week =] Super cool!
Well, I just want all of you to know that the Lord answers prayers. He is our Father and wants the best for us, we just need to ask for it. Pray every single day =] It is more powerful than we think.
LOVE YOU ALL!!
Love,
 Elder Stones


Generations



Most of the towns we ride in are pretty ghetto, but every once in a while you find a nice spot like this =] haha
Exchanges with Elder Berthelson-Elder Berto!! Love this kid! Together since the MTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment