Friday, August 9, 2013

June 21- 3rd P-Day!

Hello Everyone!
I hope that everyone has had a WONDERFUL week and has gone to see Man of Steel at least 10 times each... except for you missionaries. No movies for us. haha also, write me on dear elder so that I can read your messages during the week and then respond during Pday =] Thats the easiest way to do it! Elder Stones. Mailbox 229. Departing JUL 16.
Well, this week has been great for me! I have just been doing normal MTC stuff... y´know, like learning spanish and the gospel for like 10 hours a day. You might think its long, but I LOVE it! Also, we have started to teach another "Investigator" this past week which is fun. Now that we have two investigators, I think we are teaching about 4 lessons a week, and its all in Spanish. I have always had a pretty good grasp on how to undestand the Spanish language and now I´m finally learning how to speak it, which is great, but I have a LONG way to go. Most of the time I know what I want to say, but I dont know how to say it in Spanish, so I have to really mess around with my phrases.... haha its a fun a little mind game. I think thats about it, but I have one more pretty exciting thing to update on! So I told you all last week that I have the opportunity to sing in the big MTC choir at the Devotional on Sunday (keep an eye out for me =] ), which is awesome! I also told you that I was also selected to sing in a Special choir for the Missionary President's Seminar all next week, but that I didn't know much about it. Well, I figured out more about it and IT IS AWESOME!! So all next week they are completely closing off the main MTC building to the missionaries for this Mission Presidents Seminar, and I was thinking to myself "why are they being so crazy about this thing?" And when I went to the first practice for this choir I found out: The whole first presidency and Quorum of the Twelve are going to be meeting with and teaching the 300 new Mission Presidents!! The special choir ( there are only 32 of us in the choir) will get the opportunity to sing the opening number for the Bretheren's Sacrament meeting on Sunday, and then every day next week, we sing the opening number for each of the daily devotionals that is led by one of the Quorum of the Twelve and the First Presidency. We will be singing like 15 feet from the Brethren!!!!!! Its going to be such an awesome experience and I count my blessings every day that I was selected to sing in the choir! It has been a lot of work (we memorized five songs in one week) but its so worth it! My favorite way to bear my testimony is through music, and I will get to do that in the presence of the Prophet.... pretty cool eh? Haha Thats all for this week! I keep you all in my prayers and love you all with all of my heart! LOVE YOU!!!
Love,
Elder Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment