Friday, August 9, 2013

June 28- 4th Week

Hola Family, Friends, and Fellow Missionaries!!
This past week was a solid week. First, I have a fun story. Since Wednesday I have been searching and searching for Sister Linford, but I haven't been able to find her! So, when I got on earlier this morning to read all of my emails, I was going to write my weekly email and say that I hadn't seen her, but my companion and I decided to wait to write for the day. In the afternoon we ran by the post office and bookstore and guess who I saw?!! Sister Linford!! It was pretty awesome!! Even as a missionary she is still a goof (You're the best Alison) haha Also, some more fun news: Elder Clouse is in my Zone!! Pretty crazy eh?

Alright, into my week. First, the Sunday devotional on member missionary work was pretty awesome! I was in the section of Elders in the choir right next to the sisters but I didn't get on the camera because I was on the very end of the second to last row at the top. 3 in. If you have a HD tv you might be able to see me in like one scene where they get somewhat close.... but probably not haha. It was a great devotional and it was fun to be there in person and have some of the apostles turn around and wave/thumbs up at the missionaries.

Second, the special choir experience was pretty dang awesome. I'll give you a little rundown of the week. Sunday we sang "I Feel My Savior's Love" in Sacrament meeting, the whole first presidency and quorum of the 12 apostles were there which was an awesome feeling. Monday we sang a song called "Precious Savior Dear Redeemer" at a meeting in which President Eyring was speaking. Tuesday we sang "Lead Kindly Light" at a meeting in which President Uchtdorf was speaking. And finally on Wednesday we sang "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" in the morning for Elder Nelson and Elder Ballard and in the afternoon we sang "Nearer My God to Thee". I'm not sure who was speaking at the last meeting. It was pretty funny because every time we sang, we would all walk in, get in our spots right in front of the stand, sing, and then as we would walk out we would reverently and "nonchalantly" look at the stand at the stand to see the Apostles and Prophet. I got a couple awesome smiles and nods from Elder Perry, a nod from Elder Bednar, and every time Elder Anderson was there, he would watch us leave with tears in his eyes. He is the sweetest man. One time Elder Nelson got on the stand and asked us to wait after we sang. I was like 5 feet from him... He stopped us because he wanted to thank us and see how the age change had affected the missionaries in the MTC. He had Elders in the choir under 19 raise their hands and Sisters under 21 raise their hands. About half us raised our hands. It really is crazy how much the age change has affected the work. Its awesome.

Third, this past Tuesday we had an awesome devotional by Sister Janice Kapp Perry. She has written and composed the BEST songs in the Children's Song Book. Songs like: "I love to See the Temple", "A Child's Prayer", "We'll Bring the World His Truth", "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ", "I'm trying to be Like Jesus", and "As Sisters in Zion." During the devotional we sang a medley of her songs, but the best part was at the end when all of us as missionaries stood to sing the "As Sisters in Zion/ We'll Bring the World his Truth" mashup/medley. By the end I had tears in my eyes, and im not a cryer! It was so incredibly powerful and I just loved it. Also, Sister Perry wrote an awesome new verse to "As Sisters in Zion" to reflect the awesome response from the sisters now that the age of missionary work has been lowered. It was good.

Hmm.... I think thats about it. Missing and loving you all so incredibly much! The Church is true, the MTC is awesome, and the missionary work is progressing like never before. I can't wait to get out there and serve. LOVE YOU ALL!!

Love,

Elder Stones

1) NAME TAG!!
2) The whole special choir
HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK!! =]
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment