Friday, August 9, 2013

July 5- 5th Week

Santa Vaca (Holy Cow)!! Today is my one month mark!! I can't believe I am starting my 5th week here in the MTC. The time has flown and I have loved it here! Nothing too exciting happened this past week, but I will try to think of fun new things to tell you so that you dont get bored reading this. Hmm lets see.... Yesterday was the 4th of July! I hope all of you had a great time watching fireworks and celebrating America! We got out of class early so that we could go to a patriotic devotional where we sang songs, listened to a short talk, and watched 17 Miracles. I had never watched that movie all of the way through, but I'm glad I finally got to because its actually pretty good. Last night we also got to stay up later than normal to watch the "Stadium of Fire" fireworks show that Provo puts on. We didn't have the best view from inside the MTC, but it was still fun to be able to watch some fireworks on the 4th.
oh actually I just thought of something new that we started doing this week. For the past 4 weeks when we would practice teaching investigators, we would just teach our teachers, but this week we have started teaching each other so that we get to play an investigator and experience what that would be like(well, kinda haha). Its a pretty funny situation though, because we still can't speak spanish that well. When we teach our teachers they can correct our spanish so that we are actually making sense, but when we are teaching each other we just say sentences that we think are right and then look at each other like "Cmon that was so clear... I obviously just asked a question.." hahaha. Its pretty fun and I really enjoy it.
well.... I cant think of much else to really tell you, but I took lots of pictures this week to make up for it! I love you all and hope you have a WONDERFUL week!!!
Love,
Elder Stones
 
1. Me and Sister Linford
2.Me and Elder Clouse
3. Missionaries from Mesa
4. Me and Elder Naumann
5. Me and Elder Ebmeyer
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment